Witney Town Band Safeguarding Policy and Guidance
This attached policy is designed to address the following points:
1. To safeguard the welfare of all members and young people associated with Witney Town Band (WTB) by committing to a Code of Practice that protects them.
2. To introduce, maintain and apply agreed procedures across the organisation for protecting young or vulnerable people.
3. To introduce, share and issue guidelines to all members, officers, parents and volunteers on how to deal with any disclosure or discovery of abuse or harm.
4. To identify and implement any training for its members, officers, parents and volunteers, relating to implementation and administration of policy procedures and best practice in the prevention of child or vulnerable person abuse.
5. To make all children and young people and any other person associated with WTB aware that they may get help and talk with an independent person if they are concerned in any way.
6. To follow and apply the child protection guidelines and vulnerable adult guidelines issued by West Oxfordshire District Council and Oxfordshire County Council.